Welcome to American Bulldoggers .com!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Igor, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Igor

Igor Administrator Staff Member

Local Intranet
    Hello and welcome everyone!

My name is Igor Sushko. We created this community in response to an apparent vacuum regarding a centralized location for all resources regarding the American Bulldog breed. As you may know, there is of course a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/americanbulldoggers
    But with Facebook, it is extremely difficult to search and find the information you may be looking for, and discussions often can be easily derailed by the few bad apples to the detriment of all.

We wish to provide a forum for civil discourse and camaraderie, a place where we support and help each other. After all - this is our passion we are talking about, isn't it? Instead of thinking of what may divide us, we wish to focus on what unites us - our love for the American Bulldog breed!

To give you a little bit of my personal background - In 2000, I launched AutomotiveForums.com, a community for car enthusiasts. After 16 years, it is still going strong, attracting 1.2 million users per month and the community boasts a membership base of over 750,000 people worldwide.

One thing you can be sure of - the permanence of this site and all of the information you contribute. It will not disappear or get buried to the point of being inaccessible. You will always be able to keep that information organized and easy to find: whether in text, photos, videos, or documents.

We understand that the user interface on this site may be a bit unfamiliar to you, and we ask for your patience as we tweak things to make the site as user-friendly as possible.
    Yesterday, I got quite fed up and made a stupid public announcement that we will launch AmericanBulldoggers.com by the end of today. Here we are, somehow in time!

Some very cool functionality is available already. Media Gallery is accessible via the "Media" link on the header of the site. [​IMG] There, you can upload photographs and videos organized as albums or individually. Alternately, you can link to your videos on Facebook, YouTube, or other locations. Then you can embed these photos and videos into your posts via the Media Gallery Embed image link that looks like a photo-camera. [​IMG]

Creating a new thread (topic) in a given forum is done by clicking on this button [​IMG]
    which can be found on the top right and bottom right of the screen when viewing a forum.
    Please CLICK HERE to post your first thread to introduce yourself.

The site is accessible from both PCs and mobile devices, and I do recognize that the text size is currently a bit small in some places. Please bear with us.

We intend to expand the functionality of the site by building useful databases of dogs, pedigrees, shows and events, and anything else that may be of interest to the community. I think it'd be great if a user could showcase all of their American Bulldogs in their profile - all stats, photos, and videos for each dog, in one place. We want to hear from you! Please share your ideas on what we can do to improve the usability of this site as well as any type of functionality you'd like to see.

The easiest way to register is probably via Facebook. So once you click on the sign-up link found above, just click on the blue banner "Login using Facebook." Once you register, please post a new thread in this Introductions forum to say hello to everyone. It can be short and sweet. Please feel free to upload some photos of your American Bulldogs and experiment with this website. Once you've successfully made a post in this Introductions forum, you will be able to post a new thread and make replies in all of the other areas of the message board.

We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support and trust!

Igor & @Olga Sushko

P.S. Please contact me (igor@americanbulldoggers.com) or just post on the facebook group if you'd like help on using this website's interface - problems registering, posting, or anything else!

2. DannosBulldogs

DannosBulldogs New Member

Local Intranet
    Very cool.