My Alaska bulldog

Discussion in 'Training & Obedience' started by Quiana, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Quiana

Quiana New Member

Local Intranet
    Hello my boyfriend and I just adopted this almost year and a half old pure breed bulldog. His name is Cooper. He is a hybreed Johnson and Smith bulldog. Beautiful boy... Living in Alaska everyone always calls him a pit.. Some good some bad. Anyway. When we got him it was apperant that he had not spent ANY considerable amount outside for two reasons, his nails we're super long, we are outdoor people and spend a considerable amount of time doing outdoor activity and our first night we had Cooper he had misquito bites the size of half dollar coins.. After about three days they we're only appearing smaller than a dime. I could tell the lady cared for him, and spoiled the poo out of him... But he had some major problems with dogs. He had zero dog manners if that makes sense. Not exactly aggressive but very overly dominant. It took him a month to really understand how to act around another dog. He is fixed, (by previous owner two early, he still has a puppy weeny) Anyway, seeing as we haven't had him from a pup we have been firm with discipline like not letting him get away with anything. And recently he has started just randomly taking off. We are on a big lot so not anywhere in someone's yard. He took off for 5 hours today after I acting aggressive after I had to discipline him (not being abusive or anything, just so people know) and snapped his leash. Idk what I should do because he has never asked out to me. But he has before to my bf. Any imput can help me.. Please..

Attached Files:

2. Igor

Igor Administrator Staff Member

Local Intranet
  3. Quiana

Quiana New Member

Local Intranet
    I'm really looking into other peoples opinions on his behavior.

4. Igor

Igor Administrator Staff Member

Local Intranet
    The trainers at those locations I cited will be able to provide you with an opinion. This is probably not the kind of problem you'll be able to solve on the internet.